Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Reading Response 7


I don't collect objects in the way a stamp collector collects stamps, or an art collector

collects paintings. I feel like these forms of collection or hobby collecting. I don't do hobby

collecting, but I do collect things that I like, and I think that by looking about what I have in

my home would be able to tell someone much about who I am. If you look through my book

case you'll learn that I an interested in design history, fiction, and military history. If you look in

my closet you'll see that I play lacrosse, and how I dress. I would consider myself a collector of

all thing's 'craig' and my house is a museum.

He writes about how the products we own have no sexual orientation, which made me

think about Toy Story and how those toys has sexual orientations. Then I thought about the

things I own and whether I view them as male or female and I found that I do to a small

extent. My lacrosse stick is a male, my shower loofa is female (I can't feel competitive playing

lacrosse with a female lacrosse stick, and I don't want a male loofa washing my back in the

shower, haha).

Women aren't the only sex that feel objectified, men just feel it less because we're

dumb and women are WAY more objectified. I have probably written three essays on feminine

objectification in advertising. Take the Axe Ads, if I by this product, I'll get these beautiful

women. I exercise often for several reasons, one of them is to feel good about how I look. It's

nice to feel confident about your appearance and I can say with some certainty that many of

those you find at gyms are doing it because they want to look good. I'll admit that I want to be

a little objectified sometimes. It's nice to know your being appreciated, even if it's vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment